A VARIETY OF USEFUL LINKS THAT RELATE TO OUR DIFFERENT PARTNERS CAN BE CONSULTED HERE.
The list of shown addresses is not exhaustive; suggestions are welcomed at any time.
INFORMATION ABOUT BELGIUM CAN BE FOUND HERE AS WELL.
BELGIUM, 'HEALTH & BIOTECH VALLEY' OF THE FUTURE
LAUNCH OF THE R&D BIOPHARMA PLATFORM
Following the biopharma strategy launched by the Belgian government in 2021, a mid-term review was published on 25 October 2023 by the Boston Consulting Group (BGC) at an event attended by Prime Minister Alexander De Croo, Minister of Social Affairs and Public Health Frank Vandenbroucke and Thomas Dermine, Secretary of State for Recovery and Strategic Investments, responsible for Science Policy, as well as the partners involved in implementing the biopharma strategy over the past two years.
Representatives of the Belgian government, academia and the health and biotech industry signed at the initiative of Prime Minister Alexander De Croo a joint charter pledging to further strengthen Belgium's position in biopharma R&D and production. The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, was also present.
Today Belgium ranks third in biopharmaceutical exports, totalling €56 billion. The sector employs more than 40,000 people directly and many more indirectly.
Consult the launch of the R&D Biopharma Platform: Belgium, 'Health & Biotech valley' of the future: https://www.premier.be/en/belgium-health-biotech-valley-tomorrow
To attract more international investment in pharma and biotech, a new website was also launched “Health & Biotech Valley”: http://www.healthbiotechvalley.be/
Read more about this on the websites of the sector federations below:
- pharma.be https://pharma.be/fr/medias/actualites/la-health-biotech-valley-belge-aujourdhui-et-demain
- bio.be/essenscia https://www.essenscia.be/fr/la-belgique-en-bonne-voie-pour-devenir-la-health-biotech-valley-de-leurope/
SOURCES: websites: of Prime Minister Alexander De Croo, of the sector federations pharma.be & bio.be/essenscia.
BELGIUM EMBRACING OPENNESS
Belgium faces the challenges of today by embracing openness.
On 24th May 2023 the campaign "Embracing openness" was launched to showcase Belgium internationally.
To read all about this campaign and to discover some stories that show why Belgium is open for:
> visit the website "Belgium Embracing openness"
> watch the video:
- AWT (website only available in French)
- Belgian Biotechnology Industry Organisation
- Brussels Enterprise Agency
- Enterprise Flanders
- eTIC Charter
- European association for Bioindustries
- FPS Policy & Support (BOSA) (formerly FEDICT, Information and Communication Technology Federal Public Service)
- Software in Brussels
- United Nations
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Your Europe – Practical guide to doing business in Europe
- Enterprise Europe Network
- ICC Belgium
- International Chamber of Commerce
- Belgian Chambers - Federation of Belgian Chambers of Commerce
- World Customs Organization
- Customs and Excise
- International Customs Tariffs Bureau
- ITC – International Trade Centre
- National Bank of Belgium
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- CIA World Factbook
- Directorate-General Statistics and Economic Information
- National Statistical Offices
- Federal Planning Bureau
Belgian Economic Missions
Find out more information on the Belgian Economic Missions on:
- the website of the Belgian Economic Missions: www.belgianeconomicmission.be
- the Belgian Economic Missions' section on this website
- The Belgian monarchy
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Prince Albert Fund
- Prince Philipe Fund (website only available in French, Dutch and German)
- Annemie Neyts, former Chair of the Board of Directors of the Belgian Foreign Trade Agency (website of Mrs Neyts is only available in Dutch)
- Digital Wallonia
- BCI Pharma
- Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (FEB)
- Voka - Vlaams Netwerk van Ondernemingen
- UNIZO (website only available in Dutch)
- BECI (website only available in French and Dutch)
- The Walloon Union of Companies (UWE) (website only available in French)
- SBI, Belgian Corporation for International Investment
- BIO-invest, Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries
- The Federal Holding and Investment Company
- Customs & Excise
- Belgian Corporation for International Investment
BELGIUM IN A NUTSHELL
Located in the heart of Western Europe, Belgium enjoys a key position in the European and international economy. Home to many international organisations, Belgium has always been a prosperous marketplace, in business with countries from all over the world. Even though Belgium has a fairly recent history (founded in 1830), its colourful past and location at the crossroads of different cultures has shaped the cosmopolitan character it has today. Consisting of three regions (Brussels-Capital, Flanders and Wallonia) and three language groups (Dutch, French and German), Belgium is home to a versatile population with high purchasing power. Although small in size, Belgium has plenty to offer businesses, no matter where they come from in the world. Let’s take a quick look at why Belgium is such a great place to invest.
Click on the image to view the presentation:
Good reasons to invest in Belgium - consult the following websites:
- 10 good reasons to invest in Belgium
- 7 good reasons to invest in Belgium
- 6 good reasons to invest in Belgium
99 reasons why Belgium is uniquely phenomenal
Discover 99 reasons why Belgium is uniquely phenomenal on following website - © FPS Chancellery of the Prime Minister
Belgium IN A SNAPSHOT
To find out more about Belgium watch the video or download here the PDF document "Belgium in a snapshot":
Focus on Belgium
As indicated in the baseline ‘people, stories, facts and figures’, the site Focus on Belgium is meant to highlight our country’s strengths in numerous areas, e.g. our creativity, diversity, new talents and established values, developments and possibilities.
To achieve this, not only the articles – forming the main part of the site – but also a variety of events and well-known Belgians are brought to the visitor’s attention. Besides, all kinds of petty facts about Belgium or about Belgian achievements can be found under the heading ‘did you know?’. Finally, the website contains statistical information about Belgium, a photo gallery as well as a film section.
The 'Focus on Belgium' website is part of the FPS Foreign Affairs’ strategy to further develop its public diplomacy. It is meant to support our Embassies and Consulates abroad in their promotion of Belgium, as well as to inform the general public on what’s happening in Belgium and what our country has to offer in several respects. On this trilingual website (in Dutch, French and English), new items will be published every week, which can also be shared via social media.
This website is used by the FPS FA for drawing up a 'Focus on Belgium newsletter' our missions abroad can use in their communication.
All institutions, organisations and persons who have news or information that could be suitable for Focus on Belgium, can contribute to the site by sending a text, photographs and/or pictures to email@example.com
How innovative is your country? European Innovation Scoreboard 2021
The European Commission has released the 2021 results of the European Innovation Scoreboard, the Regional Innovation Scoreboard and the Innobarometer.
The main findings are that Innovation performance has continued to increase for the EU and all Member States and at the global level, the EU is closing the performance gap to Australia and Canada, two of its global competitors. Belgium, Denmark, Finland and Sweden are Innovation Leaders with innovation performance well above the EU average.
Consult here the European Commission's "European Innovation Scoreboard 2021"
YES TO BELGIUM!
#Yes2Belgium is a project by AmCham Belgium to showcase Belgium as a great place to invest. What better way to do this than through the stories of the AmCham Belgium's member companies, who continually invest and say Yes2Belgium in many different ways.
Discover the stories of these companies on the #Yes2Belgium website.
• Federal Public Service Economy
• Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
• Federal Public Service Finance
• Brussels Capital Region: hub.brussels
• Flanders Region: Flanders Investment & Trade
• Wallonia Region: Wallonia Export-Investment Agency
- Invest in Belgium
- Federal Public Service Economy
- Federal Public Service Finance
- Royal Institute for International Relations
- Belgium Film
Federations and industry organisations
- AGORIA - Federation for the Technology Industry
- Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC)
- Confederation Construction - Building and engineering (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Federation of the Graphic Industry (Febelgra)
- Royal Belgian Federation of Hauliers and Logistics Services Providers (FEBETRA) (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Federation of Employment Associations (Federgon)
- Fevia - Food Industries Federation (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Belgian Automobile and Cycle Federation (Febiac) (website only available in Dutch and French)
- FEB - Federation of Enterprises in Belgium
- Fedustria - Textile and woodworking industry
- Centexbel - Belgian Textile Research Centre
- Creamoda - Belgian Fashion (website only available in Dutch and French)
- essencia - represents the numerous sectors of activities in the field of chemicals and the life sciences
- Invest in Brussels
- Enterprise Europe Network
- Portal of subsidies and institutions supporting business plans in the Brussels-Capital Region (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Brussels Enterprise Agency (BEA) (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Doing business in Brussels (website only available in Dutch and French)
- BECI – Brussels Enterprises Commerce & Industry (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Brussels Regional Development Agency (SDRB)
- Brussels Regional Investment Company (SRIB) (website only available in Dutch and French)
- Brussels Institute for Statistics and Analysis (IBSA)
- Innoviris – Brussels Institute for Research and Innovation
- Innovative Brussels – regional portal bringing together all the various players in research and innovation
- Green Technologies Unit for the Brussels-Capital Region
- Brussels LifeTech Cluster (website only available in French)
- Software in Brussels Cluster
- Order of Architects (website only available in French)
- Brussels architects
- MAD Brussels – Brussels fashion and design centre
- Invest in Flanders
- Flanders Clusters
- Flemish Department of Foreign Affairs
- SERV (website only available in Dutch)
- UNIZO - Union of Independent Enterprises in Flanders (website only available in Dutch)
- VOKA – Flemish Network of Enterprises
- AWDC- Antwerp World Diamond Centre
- VLAM - Flanders' Agricultural Marketing Board
- Enterprise Flanders
- Visit Flanders
- EWI, Department of Economy, Science and Innovation of the Flemish Government
- IWT, Agency for Innovation by Science and Technology
- SARiV, Flemish Foreign Affairs Council
- VIB, Life Sciences Research Institute
- VIL, Flanders Institute for logistics
- VITO, Vision on technology
- Flanders’ Mechatronics Technology Center (FMTC)
- Flanders’ Food (website only available in Dutch)
- The Flemish Innovation Center for Graphic Communication (VIGC)
- Digital Signal Processing Valley (DSP Valley)
- Flanders' Care
- Invest in Wallonia
- Wallonia International
- UCM – Union of SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises in Wallonia) (website only available in French)
- UWE – Walloon Union of Enterprises (website only available in French)
- Enterprise Europe Network Wallonia
- Skywin, aerospace cluster of Wallonia
- Wagralim, le pôle de compétitivité de l’agro-industrie wallonne (website only available in French)
- MecaTech Cluster, Walloon Competitiveness Cluster in Mechanical Engineering
- BioWin, the health cluster of Wallonia
- Logistics in Wallonia
- AWT, Agence Wallonne des Télécommunications, la plateforme ICT de la Wallonie (website only available in French)